Details of the pressure the New York-based bank faced from its activist investor hadn’t been reported until now. The lessons from this episode will likely inform how Corbat’s successor interacts with the bank’s large investors.
- Apple has quietly dropped 22% from its peak, giving up $500 billion in market cap
- Employers may pay higher payroll taxes as state unemployment benefit trust funds run dry
- These charts show how wildfires are getting larger, more severe in the U.S.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: U.S. Steel, Tesla, Unity Software, Beyond Meat & more
- Fed’s Bullard says ‘biggest growth quarter of all time’ will lift inflation