The stricken Swiss lender posted a one-off 12.43 billion Swiss franc profit for the first quarter of 2023, due to the controversial write-off of 15 billion Swiss francs of AT1 bonds by the Swiss regulator as part of its emergency takeover by domestic rival UBS.
- European tech funding halves to $45 billion, back to pre-Covid levels — but AI is a bright spot
- Wells Fargo unveils 2024 target, warns of ‘really, really sloppy’ first half for stocks
- This exchange is expanding its short-term options portfolio as ‘zero-day’ bets boom
- More employers offer a Roth 401(k) — and a Secure 2.0 change may prompt more workers to use it
- ‘Same as ever’: Lessons on wealth, greed and happiness from Morgan Housel