The fed funds futures market, where traders go to bet on the central bank’s policy direction, is pricing in about a 58% chance of a rate cut by June, according to the CME’s FedWatch tool. Traders are even making room for two cuts, assigning a nearly 60% chance of another move lower in December.
- After a frenzied rush to file for small business loans, entrepreneurs nervously wait on bank approvals
- This historic market trend just ‘flipped’ in the coronavirus chaos
- Stock futures fall slightly following sharp rebound on hopes pandemic is stabilizing
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Gannett, Kraft Heinz, Boeing and more
- There’s a lot of anxiety as small businesses worry the loan money will run out