The $600 weekly supplement to unemployment benefits, created by the CARES Act coronavirus relief law, will end after July 31, absent an extension. The average American would go from fully replacing lost wages to replacing about a third.
- Economist Stephen Roach issues new dollar crash warning, sees double-dip recession odds above 50%
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Tesla, Dollar Tree, Jefferies Financial Group & more
- Stock futures little changed following sell-off on Wall Street
- JPMorgan to pay almost $1 billion fine to resolve US investigation into trading practices
- Watch live — Fed’s Neel Kashkari speaks at Harvard on coronavirus and the economy