Unemployment benefits have grown less generous over the decades. Fewer jobless Americans are receiving aid, and those who do are paid less and for a shorter time.
- Congress stalled on stimulus talks and time is running as millions face a ‘benefits cliff’
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Amazon, Tesla, AstraZeneca, Carnival & more
- U.S. stock futures rise as Wall Street heads for winning week and a historic month
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: AstraZeneca, Disney, Pfizer, Amazon & more
- Fed weighed adjusting bond purchases to provide more help to subpar economy, meeting minutes show